We are pleased to announce open auditions for our upcoming production of Cinderella, the classic fairy tale about a young girl who escapes the terrible treatment of her spiteful step-family when she’s blessed by a bit of fairy godmother magic and goes to a ball dressed as a beautiful princess where she falls in love with a prince.
This is one of our For Kids, By Kids productions and auditions are open to children who will be in grades 4-8 this fall. There are 12 speaking roles available including Cinderella, three step-sisters, a fun loving and unorganized fairy godmother, and a prince There are non-speaking roles available in the ensemble of Lords and Ladies of the Court, which are great opportunities to build stage confidence for new actors!
- Saturday, August 20 from 9am until noon
- Sunday, August 21 from 1pm until 4pm
Online registration for auditions is required:
Hilliard Civic and Cultural Arts Center, 5425 Center Street, Hilliard, OH 43026
What to Bring
- Completed audition form
- Signed behavior contract
- Photo and theater resume (if you have one)
We will have limited paper copies on hand, but to streamline your appointment, please complete ahead! See our Audition Page for more information and to download forms Video auditions are possible upon special arrangement, contact email@example.com.
What’s an Audition Like?
Auditions will consist of a reading from the show. Audition sides are available below for download to help you prepare.
Due to the current high levels of COVID in Franklin County, we recommend the same protocol as county public health officials: masks on all visitors and participants are strongly recommended; vaccination is strongly recommended. While not a requirement, we are trying to do our part to help limit community spread, and COVID outbreaks during rehearsal can be extremely disruptive (and disappointing!) to participants. We will continue to comply with any local, county, or state requirements should these change.
- Call-backs: Monday, August 22 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Hilliard Civic and Cultural Arts Center
- Mandatory cast & parent meeting: Tuesday, August 23 at 6:30pm to review expectations and answer any questions for final cast and parents. Also held at the Hilliard Civic and Cultural Arts Center.
- Performance dates: September 23-25, September 30, Oct 1-2.