Seeking Additional Leadership
If you are a leader with a passion for improving our community through the arts then we want to hear from you
Our mission is to inspire and educate our entire community through the arts in Hilliard, Ohio. Hilliard Arts Council has an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about this mission and our community. If this is you, we would love to have a conversation with you regarding a position with our Board of Trustees.
- A passion for improving the community through the arts
- A track record of civic and community engagement and leadership.
- A commitment to understanding the Hilliard Arts Council’s mission, programming and the needs of the community we serve
- Skillful collaborator with high emotional intelligence (EQ) and an ability to cultivate positive relationships striving for consensus in decision making
- Strong interest in growing the organization’s financial resources to enable continued expansion of its programs and activities to further enhance its solid reputation in the community
The Board manages the affairs of the HAC, satisfies its fiduciary duties and maintains oversight of all its activities to ensure long-term sustainability and stability. These responsibilities include:
- Determining the mission and purposes of Hilliard Arts Council
- Strategic and organizational planning that fulfill the organization’s mission
- Approving an annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Fundraising and resource development
- Selecting, serving as a trusted advisor to and evaluating the performance of the chief executive and chief artistic officers
- Approving and monitoring the organization’s programs and services
- Participate: attend board and related meetings, actively serve on one or more standing committees of the board to help to plan and guide appropriate activities and services and participate in HAC programs and events whenever possible.
- Advocate: serve as an ambassador for the HAC sharing knowledge of HAC mission and purpose, promoting its brand and events/activities and positively influencing its reputational standing
- Connect: leverage personal connections, expertise and resources to help facilitate the organization’s mission through fundraising, programming, and standing in the community
- Sustain: actively help sustain the organization through regular contribution of time, effort and/or financial support.
What board members can expect from the HAC:
- Opportunities to be engaged with all HAC activities
- Opportunities to network with others interested in the arts
- Camaraderie collaboration and fun
Service on Hilliard Arts Council’s Board of Trustees is without remuneration.
If this rewarding, challenging and fun role as a leader in the Hilliard community sounds interesting to you, let’s have a conversation. Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch!